The 2019 Camden Homecoming Parade will take place Saturday, October 5th at 1 p.m. You can download the parade application online here.
2019 CAMDEN HOMECOMING PARADE INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. PARADE THEME & DATE – ” The Beach” Saturday October 5, 2019
2. TIME – Report to Camden High School Parking Lot between 11:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. for all entries
containing vehicles. For entries containing ONLY walkers arrive between 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. Parade
begins at 1:00 PM sharp (rain or shine). If young children are being dropped off, please let parents
know to park in Manley Field and walk them over. Parents can also drop children off at the entrance of
the high school parking lot. No vehicles except those in the parade will be allowed in the parking lot.
3. LINE-UP – Parade will line-up at Camden High School in the back parking lot.
• Parade entries will only be able to enter at the Florence Hill Rd. entrance.
• Fire departments and tractor trailers will be in the bus loop in front of the high school.
• Pop Warner will be located in Manley Field.
• Staff will be at the entrance of the parking lot to let you know where your group is in the parade
• Only vehicles in parade will be allowed to enter parking lot.
• Kids must be dropped at the entrance of high school parking lot, or walked over from Manley Field.
• Prior to leaving the parking lot, please clean up any litter around your float.
|4. PARADE ROUTE – Parade will proceed from Camden High School parking lot onto Oswego Street, proceed
down Main Street, and end on Mechanic Street. If possible, proceed with your entry onto Mechanic Street,
towards the village barn, continuing up Third Street, toward the Middle School. If you cannot make the turn
onto Mechanic Street, continue on to Harden Boulevard or Preston Hill Street. Make sure parents of the
children in your entry know where to pick them up following the parade.
5. JUDGE’S STAND –Located in front of Carpenter’s Paint & Hardware on Main Street. Briefly pause there and
be sure that the judges can clearly see your entry. Please note that for competitive entries, performance time
in front of the judges will be limited to two minutes.
6. JUDGING BASED ON – Theme, Overall Appearance, & Originality/Creativity.
7. AWARDS – 1st Place trophies will be awarded for categories B-I. For category A (School K-4) 1st-3rd place
trophies will be awarded.
Participation ribbons will be given to all entries in categories A-J.
8. Antique Cars will receive a commemorative dash plate.
AWARDS CEREMONY – following parade in Village Park.
NO THROWING OF CANDY, SILLY STRING OR ANY OTHER ITEMS!!
ANY ITEMS MUST BE HANDED OUT BY WALKING MEMBERS OF ENTRY ONLY.
ALL WALKERS MUST STAY WITH THEIR GROUP
For more information please contact: Camden Area Chamber of Commerce 245-5000 or the Camden High School 245-3168.